Sunday, July 13, 2008

A nice Sunday

The other day we found a great little park by our house with some trails. We've lived in our house for over five years, and just found this little pearl. It's just two miles aways, but in a direction that I guess we RARELY go... so today before it got too hot, we went on our first "hike" with Owen.

Owen and I go on a walk most mornings, either up to the grocery, or over to coffee... all about one to two miles away. When I go for a walk, I've learned I need to have a destination. It's hard to just walk around the neighborhood I get bored. Yet, if I call it a hike, I can just hike and hike, it must be something about being around trees. Me and Owen by the car, getting ready to be one with nature.
Isn't he so cute!

Owen was napping in the carrier, when we took him out for a photo-op with Lucas. This is the best one I could get before he started crying! Mean mom waking him up for a picture! (He'll thank me later!!)

After the hike, we went to a winery for a picnic. It was nice in the shade, but really really hot in the sun. By the time we got home and got Owen out of the car seat, he was a sweaty little man. I think he had a good day, but I'm sure he likes our air conditioned home just as much as I do right now!
He appreciated the vanilla smell in this pinot noir.
A beautiful view... the vineyard's nice too!

No comments: