Thursday, July 17, 2008

Kate and Owen

Well, I finally made it up to Seattle to accomplish two things. 1. I met my new niece Kate, born four days after Owen. 2. Owen met his aunt, uncle and cousin. Now all aunts, uncles and cousins have been introduced to Owen... next we work on his great aunts, uncles and cousins!

Mom and I drove up yesterday morning, a drive that should have taken 3.5 hours took more like 4.75 with only one stop, but HORRIBLE traffic. Nevertheless, Owen was a champ and slept the entire journey up. He slept most the trip home, and only started hystarical crying two miles from the house... not bad for his first out of state road trip!

We got to Jill's, and Owen had had a huge poopy blowout. Sad thing is, I new he had pooped about 40 minutes before we got to Jill's, but I refused to stop... we were so close. So, serves me right that he pooped to his ankles! Poor guy, but he didn't cry in the car, so he couldn't have been that uncomfortable right?!

Anyhow, we introduced the kids to each other, and they started a cry competition. I call the first round a tie, but the second round Kate invented a whole new type of cry, so I give the overall match to Kate.

Once they both had full bellies and clean pants, they calmed for some good photos. I think mom was in a little bit of heaven having both new grand babies in her arms. Next goal: ALL the grandkids around her! (Suzi's having a girl in November so soon, mom will have 3 boys and 3 girls)
It's very challenging to get a good picture of two babies. We were lucky one or the other wasn't crying, but their arms are both spastic... so they kept hitting each other. Funny thing was I think they are both so used to hitting themselves, they really didn't mind getting hit by their cousin!
During our second pose, we were so worried about their heads colliding. This is the one shot without hands holding up the kids, but it's also the shot where Kate projectile spit up on Owen. A perfect shot. Really it's a good way to treat the boys! We'll teach Owen to respect women, and we'll teach Kate to spit on boys!
It's much more challenging to get a self portrait with four faces in it! I think three and a half faces is pretty good. We did get one of Owen's eyes!
Me and Kate. Jill and Owen. It's so wonderful to be a new mom with my sister! It's even better that we have another sister to ask all of our questions to! What a great new adventure for all of our families!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You two posted blogs within the hour of each other.

Your babies are so cute! I wish I could have been there, too.