Saturday, July 26, 2008

Camping Trip

WE DID IT!! We went on our first camping trip with Owen. He's only eight weeks old, and already a man of the woods. We said we were going to go last weekend, but chickened out. So this time we invited our friends Susan and Dave to go with us. We can't cancel a camping trip if we are meeting up with friends.
So, we ventured to our favorite campsite, Elk Creek, in the Tillamook Forest. It's a small campsite with only 14 spots, really secluded and really nice. Usually we camp mid-week, but with Lucas' new job, we were there Friday night. It was quite busy, and we got the last site... I think we were lucky to even get a spot.
The nice thing with car-camping is that we brought the "baby papa-san" so we had a nice place for Owen to hang out both in the tent, and while we were setting up the camp. I think he really liked being outdoors. (I bet its from the nature lessons my mom gives)

A family shot taken by the park ranger... notice Lucas' wrapped ankle, and the tie-dye burp rag.
Me, Owen and the fire that Lucas built.
An action shot with Dave and Susan.
Dinner with Susan.

I think Owen did a fine job camping. He only woke up once during the night, and that was at 0330. I do think that I packed way to many clothes for him... what if he peed on something?! But by night's end, he was in 4 layers: a onsie, a long sleeve onsie, pajamas, a hat and a blanket. I had one more layer on hand, but I think he was warm enough. He did have really cold hands at 0330, so I put a pair of socks on his hands. I think it made me feel better than it did him!

We had a fun time... we'll probably even do it again.

No comments: