Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A day in the life

Today is the second day of Lucas' new job. So, while he at work, this is Owen and my second day "on our own". It's been so nice having Lucas around for the past six weeks, but I suppose it's good to start heading back into reality. Someone has to bring in the bacon!

So, the morning started with us taking Lucas into work. (even with gas prices, cheaper than paying to park) Then we came home and LUCKILY Owen took a little nap, because I really needed a little more REM sleep!

Then our morning walk. I took a picture of him his car seat... but I have so many pictures of him in the car seat I decided not to post that one.

Then we posed for some comparison pictures on the quilt Jill made us. He's in the same outfit, and you can tell how much he's grown into the onsie he's wearing. And look at those chubby cheeks!

Next we played on the floor. Owen decided to wrestle with a bear. He actually pulled the bear on himself, but then he stayed down for the count of three. So, I guess the bear won. But look at Owen's left fist... he's prepared for round two!
Next, we cooked dinner for tonight. Yes, I know, I'm getting domesticated. Two nights in a row I've prepared dinner for when Lucas gets home... I even did laundry today... and yesterday, I vacuumed (gasp)! I don't know how long this "Betty Crocker Homemaker" Marla will be around, but it's nice for now.
Then it was time for lunch. My hungry hippo didn't like it when the bottle was empty.
But, I put him in the swing, and he was sleeping within four swings. It was a busy morning. It takes a lot out of a little guy to wrestle with bears and help mom cook!
Tomorrow we are going to Seattle to meet my niece Kate. I can't wait to see her and Jill!

2 comments:

- Joanne O. said...

That was a great story. I loved the pics that went along with it. He is getting so cute!!!! So what is Lucas doing now in his new job? Have a safe trip.

Suzanne said...

He is getting SO big! The difference from the other pic in that shirt is amazing!

Say hi to Jill and Kate for me. :)