Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend Fun

Well, I survived my first two nights back at work. They were busy, not crazy, a perfect re-introduction back to the "real world". I did miss Owen like crazy, but I have a small picture album I carry in my pocket. So, everytime ANYONE mentioned Owen, I dug it out and showed him off. Yes... I am THAT new mom.

We went to the zoo this morning. We did not stand and wait in the hour line to see the new baby elephant... instead we went to the other side of the zoo, and for a while we were the only ones there. Owen actaully stayed awake during our visit, but took much more interest into the trees than the animals. He sure does like trees.

A giraffe for my mom.
Lucas and Owen spent Saturday morning together while I slept for a couple hours. Lucas makes fun of me because I take a lot of pictures of Owen, but when I woke Lucas had taken a couple himself. He's just too cute not to take pictures... and he's growing so fast not to take photos everyday!

3 comments:

- Joanne O. said...

What a little man!!!! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

1)I'm glad he likes trees so much - you can find trees most everywhere you go. So maybe his first nature lesson will pay off and help make him happy (and mellow) throughout his life!
2) Thanks for the giraffe Marla. I got another for my collection last weekend. :)
3) He looks so little sitting on the couch, yet such a little man when I enlarge the picture!

Anonymous said...

YOU KNOW THE ABOVE WAS ME, RIGHT?