Monday, September 22, 2008

camping in layers

We took our second camping trip with Owen this past Saturday. Last year when we camped in September, it was REALLY cold, so this year I came prepared, lots of layers of clothing for me, and even more for Owen. The day started nice, a high overcast, not too cold, not too hot. It didn't get too cold at night...partly because it decided to RAIN down on us. Luckily, it started after we went to bed, but the next morning was very wet. The tent is still drying.

We camped with our friend Nick. Hiswife and son (Kasi and Brock) came out for a few hours to play before nightfall. It was really nice to have both of our families out in the wilderness together!

When night came, I dressed Owen in his PJs, over his long sleeve shirt, and added this VERY cute hat my friend Mary made for him.
I added one more layer before bedtime. He slept great, only woke up once to eat, and except his icicle cold hands, the rest of him was nice and toasty. He's quite the outdoors man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen looks like a cute little French man in he hat picture! I didn't know you brought along his changing table pad for him to sleep on. What a great idea! Luxury for him...he is always so happy when he's on that pad.

- Joanne O. said...

Such cute pictures. I love the hat, it looks so cute on him. I have to say that the second picture of Owen looks totally different. He looks like a different boy.