Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Toys

Recently, I've been placing toys in Owen's hands "forcing" him to hold onto them. I've even made toys into bracelets to keep them close to him. He doesn't seem to take much notice to them, I compare him to a cat with cat toys: you buy them, they disregard them.

Today, while I was talking on the phone with Jill, I placed a toy on his chest and he actually reached for it himself. Then dropped it. Then picked it back up and shook it about. He was actually entertained with a toy! All by himself!

We then tried "try to reach for the toy on your tummy". I thought this may be a fun new game... Owen thought otherwise. He looked at me in disgust, then broke into tears. I suppose you can only learn so many things day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im your favorite reader here!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.