Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oceanside

We went to Oceanside yesterday. It was warm, nary a breeze, and very populated. Three things I'm not used to at my favorite beach. We both wanted to get our feet wet... as the water came up, I said "this is how we tell how old we are." The freezing cold Oregon beach water submerged our feet, we screamed like school girls. We are old. The young whippersnappers were body surfing... without wetsuits. Oh well, in a few steps our feet were numb enough we didn't notice the ice water any more.

We did feel it was the right time to have Owen "wade" in the Ocean for the first time. He liked it for a bit... meaning he was in shock and didn't know what to do. When his face turned to panic, his mean parents lifted him up and put his socks back on. I think secretly he enjoyed it.








4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm jealous of your time on the beach! Did you get any scrumptious espresso while in the neighborhood?

Anonymous said...

If he didn't like it he would have picked his feet up.

javajill said...

Oh, how I wish I was with you looking at the Kissing Dinosaurs.

- Joanne O. said...

So cute! Love the hat on him, he looks like a little man.