Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A day in the life

I'm not holding my breath yet, but last night was the THIRD night IN A ROW where Owen has slept at least seven hours. It's WONDERFUL, and what's even better, it has been nights where I'm actually home to sleep through it. I keep waiting for the night he's up every three hours, but for now, I'm quite happy... and rested! He'll wake up and stir a little bit, then find his hand and go back to sleep... I love this little guy!

Today when we woke up, he played on his tummy a bit while I enjoyed my morning coffee. Then we went to the zoo. I got tired of walking around the neighborhood, and the zoo has good trees, so it was a win-win for both of us. In the Northwest area, there's a lot of trees, which Owen really enjoyed.

These two bald eagles are beautiful.
Owen and the bald eagle (look really hard, almost in the middle of the picture). See above for the better picture.
The daddy elephant.
The mommy elephant and baby Samudra (Sam for short). We only had to wait in line for about 20 minutes to see him. Of course Owen was awake for the entire wait in line, then fell asleep promptly when we got to the elephants. I don't think he'd remember anyhow, but it is par for the course that he sleeps through the "big attractions" we take him to.
I enjoyed watching the sea lions get fed.

After the zoo, we visited Bob in the hospital. He got a new knee on Monday. He's doing great, but I think always feels a little better after some "Owen Therapy".

After a long morning, Owen passed out. I hope he's dreaming about elephants.

No comments: