Sunday, August 3, 2008

Two years running

Lucas did it again. Two years in a row. A nice birthday surprise. It started off with a nice hour long massage. I thought we were going to a wine festival, but then he "had to go to the bathroom" Hewouldn't stop at Burger King, but insisted on the Grand Lodge. I new from last year I had a massage waiting for me. Though, I should have known sooner since he made sure I had had a shower (he "spilled" ice cream in my hair), thank goodness I took the time to shave my legs! He also made sure I knew I had coffee breath, so I brushed my teeth again before we left the house. It was a wonderful massage.

After that, we went to the Rose Gardens of Portland for the afternoon. It's beautiful there right now and it always makes me think of my grandma. Owen did great and was fun and playful when we were sitting on the grass.Then he fell asleep before I wanted to take some pictures.
He did great for a little while, for a few pictures, then he decided he had enough! Maybe the rose garden is too "girly" for him. Sure is pretty!


Lucas took a couple very nice photos of some of the roses.

After the rose gardens, Lucas and I headed out for dinner at a family Italian Restaurant. To my surprise, both sets of parents were also there (last year he surprised me with friends and family at a Mexican restaurant). TWO YEARS IN A ROW! A surprise massage and surprise dinner! He's such a good liar, thank goodness he only does it once a year... at least I hope he only does it once a year!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

It sounds like a great day! I'm only sorry I missed the part with dumping ice cream in your hair. :)