Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rose Garden

On Sunday, Lucas made a picnic and we went to the rose gardens to enjoy our feast. But, before we left the house, Owen and I both took a nap. Owen, because he needed one. Me, because I had worked Saturday night. I'm pretty sure Owen took the "cuter" nap. We had wonderful "parking karma" finding a spot right away (a challenging feat for a beautiful Sunday afternoon). After the picnic, full of fresh fruit and an amazing turkey-bacon-avocado sandwich, we played in the grass with a beach ball.

What a great face! He just pushed the beach ball back to Lucas.
Can anyone tell what's wrong with this picture? (hint: it's with Owen... and my fault)

We tried to capture his excitement on video. In the first video, Owen is more excited about the MD-80 flying by than the beach ball. I think you can hear the airplane... you can definitely tell that Owen sees it, and points to it! (that's Lucas' son for ya)

A little more excitement in video number two. But I think he still toned it down because he knew we were filming.
On the walk out, we did some rose teaching. You can point, but try not to touch.

Always stop to smell the roses.

2 comments:

nro said...

shirt on backwards? is this like one of those "highlights" quizzes? ;) - nikki

marla said...

Great eye for detail! I bet you smoked all those "highlights" quizzes! Yep... shirt on backwards... all day. Didn't notice until I was undressing him.