Sunday, August 30, 2009

Look, up in the sky...

This weekend was the 22nd annual Hillsboro Air Show. Lucas has gone every year, minus three years. Today, Lucas and my dad went (we didn't think Owen would tolerate the long day and loud noises), which left me, mom and Owen to enjoy our day. We went to the zoo, and then went to a park to watch the Thunderbirds fly. Yesterday, Lucas, Owen and I went to the same park and stood in the rain and watched them. (yes, THAT is true love). Today's weather was much nicer.
They move so fast... it's hard to take a picture. Thank goodness for digital cameras, I took a lot of photos.
Owen really loved pointing to the airplanes. He only did the "whole-body-shake-with-terror" once. And I think that's because he heard the planes before he saw them.

ooooh.... pretty.
Here's mom and Owen watching them.
Owen waiting for the planes... keeping an eye out for them.
And then earlier in the day, the Oregon Zoo. We went to the "birds of prey" show. We were right in the flight plan, a vulture's wing actually touched my hair.
Owen, me and a golden eagle.

us and a red-tailed hawk.
Self-portrait. The polar bear was playing with a big white bucket... really fun to watch.

Owen really loved the duck exhibit. He would squeal and say 'qua qua'.

I think the "adult boy" team and the "girl plus Owen" team both had a great day. We finished up with dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. Very very yummy.

No comments: