Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Alaska: Wednesday: Portage Glacier

Wednesday morning, we woke up early again, and drove south to a boat ride to Portage Glacier. This was the one thing I really wanted to see, a glacier up close. I was a little worried that I had seen so many beautiful things already, that I might be disappointed. I was not. My breath was taken away again.
 

 Owen brought his binoculars to see better.




 We had great weather so far, but today, it was cold. "Alaska cold" according to Owen. He started being too cold to be outside.

 I tried to snuggle him warm, but it didn't work... so Allie took him to the bottom layer which was heated.


 When he returned, he was in a nice warm, huge, coat.
 He was warm... Kaiya was still a bit cold.










 They fished some ice out of the water... Owen got to eat glacial ice! He was so happy. It was such clear beautiful ice.




 So pretty.
 


 And the ice is truly blue.






It was windy, I was cold... but it was most definitely worth it.

No comments: