Sunday, February 21, 2010

No Pictures, just an update

Henry had another good day today. That makes two in a row! It seems that when he doesn't use all his energy to eat, he actually has the energy to protect his airway (aka not choke on his tongue). In the past 24 hours, we were able to hold him in positions we never have been able to before, including the generic "cradle a baby" position.

We have been feeding him via bottle every other feeding. While he hasn't eaten his goal yet, he gained weight from yesterday. I think tomorrow we may try every feeding with a bottle again. We may go home with the feeding tube, which is OK with me! As long as he's protecting his airway! We are such demanding parents... wanting our kid to breathe!

Each day, each hour, he is growing... he is doing so good! Hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday he can come home!

I could put pictures on tonight, but my camera is WAY over in the kitchen... and I am sitting comfortably on the couch 15 feet away... so far away. Everyone will have to wait for more pictures. Trust me... all my boys are still very cute!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sounds like Henry is doing good. Can't wait to meet the little man. Keep us posted if we can help out at all.