Thursday, February 25, 2010

A day of firsts and lasts...

After 16 days in NICU, Henry got to come home today. It's been a long journey, but we made it! Now the sleepless nights can begin... and I can't wait!

Here's Henry in his going home outfit... the one I brought to the hospital 16 days ago. Look at how proud Lucas looks! One last bottle at the hospital.
One last snooze in dad's arms in the NICU. Notice his hand placement (not posed)... maybe that's what caused the small jaw!
One last rest in the bucket they call a crib. We call it a glass cage of emotion (a little Ron Burgundy reference for those who don't know!)
And... his first car ride home. One of us has to sit in the back to watch him... so the four of us won't be travelling in one car for a while.
I am so thankful to be home! I am so thankful that while we had to be in NICU, we were blessed with wonderful nurses, doctors and the most lovely car seat expert EVER! I am so thankful to our wonderful friends and family. I am mostly so thankful for a wonderful, loving husband. I know I wouldn't have made it through the past 16 days without him... now, onto the next adventures!

No comments: