Wednesday, October 1, 2008

like the rodeo

Do you like rodeos? I do. They take me back to my Tillamook roots. A little Hicksville reminder. I know two people who don't like rodeos. The first: Lucas (something about animal rights) The second: Suzi (something about almost being trampled by a Brahma Bull at a rodeo in Tillamook) Neither of these things stop me from loving rodeos.

Mostly, I like watching the Brahma Bulls. You know the super huge beastly looking animals that cowboys try to ride for eight seconds. Like Luke Perry in the movie "Eight Seconds". I loved that movie. Made me cry. I'm not a Luke Perry fanatic, never a 90210 fan, but I loved him in that movie. There is something about a cowboy in tight Wranglers, with a big hat and a bigger belt buckle. Not always. Not most the time. But at a rodeo... they're nice to look at.

If you can think of the last time you were at the rodeo. Then think of the Brahma Bull in the gate, getting ready to buck off the cowboy. Now think of his butt. His backside. His big bull bum covered in his own green poop. That's Owen.

WARNING TOO MUCH INFORMATION ABOUT TO OCCUR!!! Owen has my bowel habits. Mostly a once a day type of routine, but not uncommon to go longer. When Owen goes more than a day or two without pooping it's not too big of a deal. He doesn't seem to mind. But when he finally lets loose... his butt looks like a Brahma Bull. Green poop smeared EVERYWHERE! Makes me laugh. Even his biggest poop, still so much smaller than what I clean up at work. And thinking of him and a rodeo... well... it makes me laugh.

NOW THE PICTURES! No worries, no poopy diaper pictures... just Owen. First, Owen this morning. He had spit-up over his PJ's so I striped him down to his onsie, and noticed he matched perfectly with the blanket Erick and Joanne gave us!

Next, this evening while I was talking with mom on the phone, he was VERY talkative. He also tried out his "back hand finger suck".
I wish this one turned out better, but he was blowing great spit bubbles. Instead, it's just a slobber chin. Still cute.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a cute "Baby Bug!"

And I hadn't thought about the bull in a long time. Gee thanks. ;)

Anonymous said...

"Think of the Brahma Bull in the gate, getting ready to buck off the cowboy. Now think of his butt"

That's what you wrote leading into the back end of the bull description.

When I read "Now think of his butt"- I thought of the cowboy's butt!

adventuresofjenny said...

A nurse through and through. Bowel talk...Oh Marla, he is absolutely adorable. What a guy!