Wednesday, January 2, 2008

new job

OK, I've decided I want a new job... or maybe it will be just a new talent, or pass-time activity. I will need to train, it will take time, but I've decided I want to learn to be a safe cracker.

"How did this new idea start?" you ask?

Well, every time I open my locker at work, I use a lock. Reminiscent of high school lockers: twist one way, find the secret. Twist the other way... past the first secret number, to the second secret number. One final spin to the final secret destination and POOF the lock opens. Now, I know what's behind my locker (a mess the is reminiscent of my high school locker) BUT what about unknown locks that secure mysterious doors.

Before you call the cops, I'm not going to start breaking into things with my new skill... but what if you forgot your lock? or bought a locked treasure chest at a yard sale and needed inside. SURE you COULD use your handy-dandy lock cutting scissors that you bought from an infomercial at 0300... OR you could call me, and I'll master my new hobby and crack open the lock. Isn't that what Charlez Theron does in Italian Job...

So, I don't know who will teach me my new talent, be my Donald Sutherlin safe cracking dad. Maybe there's a book "safe-cracking for dummies" or "how to break into other's lockers" but I'll start with closing my eyes while opening my lock... maybe I'll start feeling when hits my secret number... (hint, one of them is a two).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could start by learning how to untangle Christmas lights, and advance from there to necklaces.

Suzanne said...

Good luck! I have a bunch of stuck locks if you want practice.

You can't beat the 10-20-30 combo from high school band locker. I got the lock after you graduated. :)