Tuesday, March 8, 2011

speedbump

Henry got a fever today. A fever means infection. Since he has no white blood cells to fight off infection, this is pretty common in kids receiving chemo. The nurse said she was surprised it took this long. They were so fast getting blood cultures, and starting antibiotics. He was very cranky for a while, I would be too...

But finally he fell asleep. This picture is funny to me. From head to toe, this is why:
1. Crazy hair
2. Big steroid cheeks
3. hand behind his head like a model
4. other hand clutching onto his rattle
5. Belly handing out. (I swear the shirt fit this morning!)
6. diaper hanging out. (I took off his pants for a shot, then just left them off while they worked on getting urine for a culture)
7. bruised legs from all his shots.
8. Sweet baby. Strong amazing baby.
The oncologist called him a rock star today. I suppose if she saw this picture she would agree even more. Passed out rock star baby.

No comments: