Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bath Time

Yesterday morning, when Owen and I made it to the hospital, Henry was napping. So, we started out playing in the playroom. It's a huge room full of toys and more toys for patients and patient's brothers. Owen loves it... and really loves Diane, our child life person. Every day, "where's Diane". She is so wonderfully helpful with both kids. What a great job!
After Henry woke up we saw this: a kid desperate for a bath.
We needed to give Henry a bath... a real bath. So, after over two weeks, they found a bathtub just the right size for Henry. I love how he's looking at me, and I love how he has a death grip on his rattle.

Owen loved helping. Splashing, washing Henry and dumping water on his head.
After about two minutes, Henry decided he hated the bath. It was flashbacks to his first few baths after he came home.
But so handsome and clean!
Henry is also making progress on using a sippy cup...
Such concentration, but he's getting better.

I love him.

1 comment:

nro said...

here is why henry was crying (cue voice over with h's inner monologue):
"come on, mom... why'd you have to give me a bath? i was working on my dreads... another week and i could've been the rasta kid on the block. get me some reggae and a hackeysack."

super cute pic of owen helping henry with the bath. :) makes me smile.