Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hawaii: by horseback

On Sunday, we drove up north for a horseback ride. Mom, dad and Lucas geared up and learned about riding. They don't let pregnant ladies or toddlers ride, so we stayed around the ranch.


All mounted up and ready to go!
Off they go.Dad on his horse.

WARNING: EVIL UGLY SPIDER IN NEXT PICTURE!
Owen and I found this spider. It was HUGE! At LEAST the size of the actual photo. REALLY. I tried really hard not to scream like a girl. We quickly found somewhere else to play.


Like in the grass.
Or in the dirt.

Boys really do love dirt.

We spent a little time snacking in the car too.
As I saw them all coming back I heard a loud, girly-esk type scream. I couldn't really tell what happened... they were still too far off. But when they got closer, Lucas told me he fell of his horse, Billy. Billy got scared and jumped to the right... leaving Lucas, like a cartoon, in the air, with no horse beneath him. He fell on his right side, and quickly stood up. (I guess Billy looks quite a bit larger when you are laying on the ground beside him.) The first thing Lucas said to the leader was, "I screamed like a girl, huh" He did. I heard it. LUCKILY, while he hurt quite a bit for a couple days, nothing was broken. No hospital visit. AND he did get back on the horse to finish the ride.
After the fall. Lucas in green. Mom in red.

To take away the pain, for dinner that night, Lucas had a "back-scratcher": strong and not too fruity.

Owen had a face full of spaghetti.

No comments: