Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hawaii: the beginning

Well, we just got back from a week long trip to Kona, HI. We went with my parents and had an amazing time. It was Lucas and my first trip to the islands... and it was beautiful. As Anthony Bourdain said, "I can't believe it took me this long to visit Hawaii."

I have a billion photos...OK, really only 364... so many blogs will follow. How many I get on now will depend on Owen's napping skills. So, here we go.

Here we are at Portland Airport... waiting. Owen loved looking at all the airplanes.


My two boys: both loving their window seat. The first flight was over 5 hours. Owen slept (with Benadryl) for over two hours. And overall, did amazing. The second flight was only an island hop... only 30 minutes. Much more manageable for a 17 month old. Especially since he could turn on and off the lights.

And the fact that Grandma and Grandpa were right behind us.
We stayed at our timeshare at Kona. Owen's first goal: find toys. These "symbols" did a fine job.

No comments: