Saturday, May 23, 2009

Toilet Woes

Is your toilet running? Well, you better go catch it!

A little joke, but really, when your toilet is running, and running, and running... it's no laughing matter. When this happened to our upstairs bathroom, I fixed it. I read up on it, went to Lowe's, played the girl card, got the help I needed, and came home and fixed it. I was very proud of myself.

Fast forward a few years, our downstairs toilet decided to pick up the running habit. So, I waited a day to fix it (maybe it would fix itself...it didn't). So, I decided to fix it, however, I broke it more. First, I broke the floating lever thingy. The plastic just broke in my hand. Then, I tried to turn off the water at the wall... I couldn't. I don't blame myself for this blunder... but now I couldn't even attempt to fix all the broken pieces, because I couldn't turn the water off!

Hence, a call to the plumber went out. Laramie came to our house bright and early this morning. He got here about 0900. He did his job, did it well, and was very happy during the project. I would be happy too if I got paid his hourly wage! But, I needed a working toilet, and Laramie needed money... it was a win-win situation.

When he was done, we had some "small talk", a little chit chat before we pulled out the credit card. We mentioned going to the farmer's market, he mentioned a busy morning, we mentioned the nice weather. Then, he said it... about the funniest thing I've heard all day... "I'm hoping to watch a movie this afternoon to stay away from my baby-mama". Yep... baby mama. She cheated on him, he left, it's been a while, now she wants him back. Did we just enter a soap opera? He took our money and left.

We laughed. Always good to do after expensive home repairs.

No comments: