Thursday, May 28, 2009

Final day to be "zero"

Owen's final day to be less than one started a little rocky. I blame myself for this. He looked so cute sleeping, that I wanted a picture... but he heard me and woke up cranky.

But, we had a good morning playing around the house. For lunch, we met my friend Tiff at a restaurant near a little lake. We sat outside, it was really nice... until the ducks started eating all the food Owen dropped. That's a little too close for comfort. Owen liked the ducks until they were swooshed away by a waiter and angrily quacked... then he started crying.

We came home, had a little nap, and then played some more...
First the remote...

Then a spoon...

Then a bike strap...
Stopped for a water break.

A little kitty time...
And then a sock...
Finally, when he figured out he hadn't played with any actual "toys", he dug through the toy box.

I can't believe it's been a year... to answer a few questions:

Yes, this year went supper fast.
No, I can't believe my baby's one years old.
Yes, it's been a lot of fun.
No, I can't remember every detail... but love looking at the past year of blogs...
Yes, I have teared up a bit remembering the past year.


Tricks of Owen's:

laughing, flirting, clapping, dancing, high fives, stairs (mostly up, occasionally down) , climbing on us like a mountain man, eating Lima beans. (still his favorite), using a spoon (a bit messy, but getting there), and of course, being the cutest baby of ours!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday Owen!