Sunday, April 5, 2009

Oceanside: sand discovery

I needed a beach fix. It's been a while since we've been. So, we went to Oceanside today. It was an amazing day for the beach. It was actually warm. We officially, legally got to use sun screen on Owen. We did dress him in long sleeves and pants, but it was warm enough that he could have gotten away with short sleeves...

We took A LOT of photos... so many that I'm bunching them into a few blogs... but as Lucas said today, "It's like it's the first time I've ever been to the beach". (thank goodness for digital cameras!)

Here, Owen is discovering sand. From the safety of the blanket to new, undiscovered terrain.

ah... the kissing dinosaurs...


This is Owen almost eating sand... quick hands by Lucas saves the day. I'm not saying he didn't get sand in his mouth, and socks, and diaper, and in his ears, and toes... but a handful of sand seemed too much!

Just a sweet video of Owen discovering sand...

2 comments:

MOM said...

Absolutely LOVED all the beach pictures & the video brought the biggest smile of the weekend to my face! When I looked at the first picture of you & Owen my thought was "oh she blocked out the kissing dinosaurs". But I was SO glad to see them in later pictures and know you are passing on the Oshel family lore to Owen!

- Joanne O. said...

I just LOVE all of the beach pictures too. After a super rough day, your pictures brought big smiles to my face. Soooooo sweet!!!!!