Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wii

Lucas punched me last night. He actually knocked me out... twice.

We were playing our new Nintendo Wii. We boxed. I don't think that I've ever boxed before, and it shows. My punches are weak, my aim inaccurate, my dodging skills are definitely lacking. But, my arms hurt today. So does my tennis elbow. Real life tennis need hand-eye coordination, something I've never been that great with. You need it with Wii Tennis too. Though occasionally I do win at Tennis. Golf on the other hand, I think I have a natural talent for... my follow through is grand!

I must go practice my boxing. I think I might need to buy some Gatorade!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT!! Welcome to the wonderful world of wii. Alliteration aside... Just a word of advice... Don’t drink red wine while playing wii (or near anyone playing on the wii). Wiimotes sometimes have a habit of flailing wildly and may, on occasion, shatter wine glasses on contact. Not that I would know or anything...

javajill said...

That sounds like a full-body version of "Turmoil Thumb" from the Atari 2600. Or the blisters one would get on the palms from running a long race on "Decathalon"

Suzanne said...

Ha! Turmoil Thumb! My better memories from the Atari 2600 come from a certain Frogger moment. :)

nro said...

i have been punched, also. upside the head. but in real life. granted, while playing wii boxing, and i had the buffer of the wiimote between fist and my head, but still!
i dont play boxing anymore. too much training. and effort.