Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New mom alert

I am not shy to admit that I am a new mom. I make rookie mistakes, like burping Owen without a burp rag, leaving the house without brushing my hair or not tightening the bottle lid before I shake it.

Today I was leaving the house for a walk with Owen. He was dressed, had a blanket, his binkie, and was strapped into the car seat. I had brushed my teeth, my hair, put on deodorant, and had clean clothes on... fresh from the dryer. I went for a walk up to grab coffee, waved at neighbors, said my polite "hellos" and "good mornings". I was having a great morning. I even had feeding time right, made it home with 30 minutes to spare before Owen woke up hungry.

During the feeding, I stopped for the mid-meal burp. However, the burp turned into full on spit up. All over my clean clothes. No worries, I had more clean clothes in the dryer. What I realized when I looked down to take off my T-Shirt, is that it was on wrong-side out. Sure I had minty breath, nice smelling pits, and a brushed pony tail... I just didn't quite dress myself right.

I am still a tired new mom, barely able to make it out of the house looking and smelling good.




2 comments:

- Joanne O. said...

I will tell you that I thought I was going crazy after I had Wesley. I could not remember anything for the life of me, I couldn't do anything right, I was missing appointments, etc. I would make an appointment on the phone and get off and couldn't remember when it was for. This was not like me at all. Come to find out, I watched some report on TV that said that new moms experience some kind of hormonal change which cause temporary bits of amnesia and confusion. It isn't from lack of sleep or too many things to do, but actually medical. At least I know now I wasn't going crazy.

- Joanne O. said...

So sweet, he looks so content. I love how his hands are.