Saturday, April 24, 2010

So Proud.

Last night, Bob received the Beaverton Reserve Officer of the Year award. We all went to the police station that was catered by... BUSTER'S BBQ. Lucas was so happy when we saw the smoker in the parking lot, working full force. I was so sad, the stink was everywhere. But, of all the people there, I'm sure I was the only one that hated BBQ... so I'm sure it wasn't stinky to anyone else. We were just so proud of Bob to get such great recognition for all the work he does!

Bob was already there when we showed up. Owen just walked right over to him and gave him a great big wave. He sure does love Bob-Bob. Here he is eating an appetizer... I think he's either looking at Bob-Bob or a little blonde 18 month old girl that was there. Overall, Owen did great. Especially for staying up way past his 6:30 bedtime. But when the lights went out for a slide show and Owen announced, "night night?" "bye bye" we thought it was time to leave. Proud Bob-Bob and his grandsons. Henry was tired and hungry. Owen was tired, and quite enthralled with Bob's badge.
The Friedler Family.
The boys. I think of the 100 or so people there last night, at least half knew Owen and Henry's name before I even said anything. I think a proud grandpa talks about them a lot!

1 comment:

nro said...

congrats bob-bob!

marla - i'm with you... i'm always the ONLY person disappointed by bbq. it feels weird to be a debbie downer when everyone else is always so excited. i feel your pain (and subsequent hunger, cause when you go to bbq, EVERYTHING is drizzled with bbq flavor).