Monday, December 7, 2009

Zoo Lights

We did it. We went to zoo lights when it was a "balmy" 23 degrees... add in a wind chill, I'll say it was maybe 10 degrees. Mom and Dad went too... I think the four of us were colder than Owen. He did have many layers on... but was mostly happy out in the cold weather. I think I was the warmest adult (I am a human incubator at the moment). Lucas was still in shorts, but did have socks on AND two hats.
Family photo. Grandparent photo.
A beautiful blue tree... and me, mom and Owen.

Dad treated us to some hot cocoa. Owen started getting a little cranky when we were inside. I think he over heated. He had the cutest rosy red cheeks!
He had a great time playing with Grandma's super huge snow gloves. (I think they look like Darth Vader gloves)
Add Grandma's purple hat, Owen was very happy.

1 comment:

MOM said...

The zoo lights were beautiful and fun! So many different animated animal displays and then zillions of colorful lights everywhere. BUT it was freezing cold! It had on a bra, tank top, t-shirt,sweat shirt,down vest and wool coat. A pair of jeans with a pair of sweat pants over them. Snowmobile gloves, thick knit hat, thick socks and heavy shoes. Still cold! I thought I was prepared. It was cold decorating the yard on the weekend when it was 35-40. So planning for 25 degrees I added a couple layers more. Brrrrrrrr - I had frozen toes, cold arms and a cold chin mainly. My, the hot cocoa was good!
Were we really in Hawaii just a few weeks ago????