Saturday, December 6, 2008

are we really that old?

The other night, Lucas and I splurged and ordered pizza. Usually, when we feel like pizza, we do a little Papa Murphy action. Sure, you make it...but I'll bake it... then it almost seems like I cooked dinner. But we wanted the real splurge. I didn't want to make it or bake it. I wanted a teenage kid to drive me my dinner.

We rarely do this. But Round Table Pizza brought back the BEST pizza: The Pepperoni Artisan. It's wonderful, delicious, and it's for a limited time only. We picked a night the Blazers were playing, and ordered us up dinner.

We patiently waited our 45-60minutes. After about 59 minutes, Lucas started waiting by the front door. Finally he heard the pizza guy. Sure enough, a teenager.

Lucas, being the nice guy that he is, commented on the guys car. "I heard you coming, nice car."
Quote the teenager, "yeah I added a double muffler and pimped out the exhaust, added a splinger-dinger, and then pimped out the masta-laffa." (I may have paraphrased)

Lucas: nice. (Lucas knows nothing about anything that this kid said)
Kid: yeah, (awkward pause) my mom has a car like yours.
OUCH
We are old. Just give us the pizza and go back to your pimped out ride... we'll eat our pizza, and then drive our "mom-mobile" to Walgreen's later to get our Tums.

Funny, most the time I don't feel old... but this kid called us out. Enjoy your youth pizza delivery boy, soon you'll be old like us... eating dinner at 5:30, and then in bed by 9.

2 comments:

javajill said...

Oh, goodness. What a classic. And to think, in class the other day, I used the phrase, "Back in my day ....", but I was sure to use my old-man voice when I did it!

- Joanne O. said...

I started feeling old when I was teaching and the 8th graders could have been my kids. Ouch!