Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Boys

Do you notice what's missing? I know you may be focused on the fact that Henry is home again (came home yesterday after 11 days in the hospital). But, you you notice what's missing. The feeding tube. The sticker is on his cheek, the nose is a little bloody, but the tube is missing. He handed it to me when we got home from the car ride from the hospital. I like to think he said, "here mom, I found this, and I don't think I'll be needing it." Ahh.... but he does. Henry is not drinking or eating. This means he's not peeing. Which means I spent the afternoon in the clinic begging and pleading not to be readmitted to the hospital. It worked. After some fluids through his new port, a promise that if he doesn't pee we will come back, and another promise that we will be there again tomorrow morning for more fluids... they let us go home. He's just so cute, it's hard to be mad that he makes this much harder than it has to be sometimes.

Owen and I went to the zoo last Friday. He is such a fun little guy!











No comments: