Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Poop

Big News today: Owen pooped on the potty. Or, in none parental language: Owen had a bowel movement while sitting on the toilet.

He had knocked on the bathroom door and said "potty"... so I put him on the little seat that goes over the normal toilet seat. Just today I asked him if he wanted to pull down his pants. The first time, he thought it was just silly. But on try number two, he had a number two! And peed... all over the place. All over him, the seat, the floor, me... we have to find a better way at peeing in the toilet. (how do you teach him to point DOWN!) But then, he farted, pushed and PLOP! He hopped down, waved and said bye-bye as his little poo swirled away! We were so proud! Maybe this is just a fluke... I don't know if I'm really ready to have a potty trained kid... but what an exciting day!

In other news, I saw Henry roll over! He had done it twice before, once while I was at work, once while I was at Costco, but tonight... I saw it! Tummy to back, and then quite irritated he was on his back! What big accomplishments in the Friedler household today!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Fabulous job, Owen!

As for pointing down, you get another fun job. :) Just point it down, then have him keep his legs close together to keep it there. Or sitting backward on the toilet (without a potty seat) seems to help, and it is easier to balance.

MOM said...

Great ideas Suzi, I had no ideas, having had girls and all....ha ha