Sunday, July 19, 2009

Big Day in Owen History

Tonight we had some friends over for dinner. Lucas grilled up some shrimp, pollenta and veggies. It was all quite yummy. While people were over, we kept trying to get Owen to show off his new skill: Standing on his own. He's been doing it for a few days. His record: 9 seconds.

However, every time we tried to make him stand. His legs turned into spaghetti and he would get to the ground as fast as he could. No demonstrating tricks tonight.

Then, everyone left. I'm pretty sure Nick and Kasi were still in the driveway, when Lucas stood Owen on the ground. Then, out of nowhere he did it! THREE STEPS towards me!

Of course, we made him do this over and over and over again... towards Lucas, toward me, towards Lucas, towards me (you get the picture). We were crying and laughing, just like proud parents! It was no fluke. My kid took steps! He is walking! Not too far... but walking is walking! I guess he has a new skill to show off now!

No comments: