Tuesday, March 11, 2008

a marriage first

What is the first movie you can picture Anthony Edwards in?

I'll give you a second to think about it...

OK , if you said "Big Zapper" you cheated, and used IMDB.

If you thought "Fast times at Ridgemont High"... really??... REALLY??!... he had such a bit part.

No, no... if you thought to yourself... Revenge of the Nerds... NOW I believe you.

Wasn't that a GREAT movie? 1984 it came out... I can't even think about counting how many I've seen this movie. I'm sure at least once it included the HBO theme song... me running to ask Dad if it was OK to watch an R rated movie... probably waking him up to do so... him mumbling "what movie is it?" and then a sleepy reply of OK.

Remember Poindexter, Wormser, Takashi, Lamar... and who can forget Gilbert and Louis. WAIT, don't forget Booger... the king of all burpers. Great characters... great movie.

I've seen it a bunch... Lucas has seen it a bunch. We quote the movie, reflect over memorable scenes... but we had NEVER seen the movie TOGETHER!

That is until two nights ago when we were both suffering from some insomnia. Guess what movie came on at 0200... on HBO? You're right... You're no dummy... it was Revenge of the Nerds... Not one of the stupid sequels... the ORIGINAL.

We of course watched the entire thing... reflecting, laughing, remembering... what a great flick... even 24 years later!

I am a nerd. Lucas reminds me of this weekly... Lucas is also a nerd, but he's a closet nerd... doesn't think the title fits him, but just ask him about planes or cooking... the title fits.

So, just remember as we nerds do Sudoku, the crosswords, read a book, play a game of scrabble or read airliners.net

"no-one's gonna really be free until nerd persecution ends."

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Laughing out loud! Thanks for the memories! (And for the burp inspirations from Booger!)

Suzanne said...

Yep, I've had the theme song stuck in my head all day. I found this fun little quiz for you. (I scored 20/20!)

http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz106727c3a150.html

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne said...

www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz106727c3a150.html

Maybe this one will work. I don't claim nerd rights for html code.

marla said...

18/20 points for me! Suzi, you win on the nerd front!