Wednesday, September 5, 2007

dingleberries and boars

It's 0200. I am at work. We were just talking about what patients have either called us, or threatened us with. The things that come out of a 93 year old woman's mouth that make you gasp, and then bust up laughing... laughing makes them more mad. So, here is a small list of quotes that have stood out.



PARENTAL WARNING: the following list may contain words that are offensive, images that are unable to be removed from your fragile brain or phrases even a sailor wouldn't have thought of.

  • "what kind of people raised you"
  • "you shit-cock" (from a 93 year old lady's mouth)
  • "you giving my potassium... good, 'cause it gives me a hard on" (EEW!)
  • "when you came into the room, I thought you were going to be a real bitch... and I was right"
  • "you're as worthless as tit's on a boar"
  • "I'll cut off your tally-wacker and hang you by your dingleberries" (told to a male nurse)
  • and my personal favorite ever said to me: "suck my dick you fucking fart" (I love the use of the word fart)

There's more... there's always more... more stories, more laughs. And it's only with laughter can you get through an occasional 12 hour shift with this type of abuse. But really, what other job can you hear this stuff... and not make it up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Blog site. I have been trying to get up enough nerve to start one. Bureaucracies probably are not as interesting as nursing, although I had heard 3 of the seven phrases in my earlier years in construction.
Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you didn't tell the story about the old lady who tried to kill you with the nitroglycerin ointment. I love that story.

Anonymous said...

Have you considered the response "Do you eat with that mouth"

nro said...

i took some notes to add to my vocabulary... in case i run into a 93 year old i need to keep pace with! and i totally want to hear about the nitroclycerin murder attempt!

nro said...

also, love the title! i was wondering where you were going with that... - nikki