Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pathetic

We have a handful of pictures of Henry when he looks really sick. Lucas took couple on his cell phone, when he was first diagnosed with cancer, when he was intubated. I have a hard time looking at those pictures. It brings back so many memories, both good and bad. I suppose we try to take more pictures of when he looks better... who want to be reminded of how sick and pathetic your child looks. But, I realize that this is his life right now... and if we want to remind him on a daily basis as he grows up how much he owes us... I should have a few pictures of pathetic Henry in here too. How else can I tell him I won't buy him a car, because when he was three, he made us both age 10 years?
 
This is our first day in PICU, on hospital stay three this summer. Still sweet, but so sad.

No comments: