Thursday, January 26, 2012

Afternoon Nature Hunt

It was a beautiful day today... so after both boys "napped" we went on a hunt for nature. Owen found a box, and I told him to put leaves, pine cones, sticks... whatever he wanted to into the box.

This stick so too big for the box, so he broke it in half. Henry strolled along, enjoying the fresh air.

It humored me to see what Owen would walk by, and what he would pick up. He found a stick with fuzzy green stuff on it. He asked what it was, and I told him moss. He LOVED it... then a few blocks down he picked up a stick and put it back down. I asked why the stick didn't make the cut. He said, "no moss". But I heard that in Spanish, "no mas". I suppose it works either way.





After a while, the box was in the stroller... and Owen just went hunting.
Walking with his brother.

While Owen was hunting... I was trying to figure out a craft of some sort to do with all of our treasure. And trying not to worry about how many bugs were also part of our new treasure. But, when we made it back to the driveway, Owen informed me that everything wanted to live on our cement. Fair enough.



No comments: