Friday, March 19, 2010

Tongue

Every parent is excited to see who their child looks like. Whose eyes they got, whose nose, whose ears. Henry looks a lot like Owen... but each day he's starting to look more and more like himself. Really, Lucas and I can't see ourselves in either of our kids. They just look like who they are. But, we still will say, Owen has Lucas' eyes, my nose.
With Henry, we've been trying to figure out whose tongue he has. And, well, since it's been so far back, we really haven't been able to examine it closely. However, over the past two days, I think his tongue has significantly moved forward. Just look at that tongue! (A few weeks ago, we could barely even see his tongue when he cried) With the progress of his tongue migrating forward, we have discovered new difficulties. He seems to be trying to figure out (again) how to breathe and eat. Must be weird to just have figured out a new skill, then have to figure it out all over again with a bigger, more forward placed tongue. But, it's progress... even if it seems like two steps forward, one step back... we still are moving forward!

1 comment:

MOM said...

He may be crying, but I say YEAH HENRY!!!! I can see your tongue! That's the first time I have seen his tongue. Don't think I have ever been so happy to see a grandchild's tongue before. New and different things with each kid! And I love 'em ALL!