Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Meet Peter

NO, not the baby's name.

On Sunday night Lucas and I were driving to do some WINCO shopping at about 11:00pm. It was a beautiful evening. We almost just walked up to Fred Meyer's, but with $18.00 cash to spend, we would get a lot more at WINCO.

We hopped in the truck and set out on our 4 mile journey. About 3 blocks from our house, we noticed what appeared to be a black cat crossing the street. HOWEVER, upon closer inspection, that "black cat" had a nice white stripe down its back. He was much shorter than a cat... yup, it was a skunk. Now, I've smelled skunk in our neighborhood, but I've never seen him alive before.

He crossed the street in front of us, then scurried onto the sidewalk. Lucas slowed down so we could study his habits. He walked about a block on the sidewalk, then crossed the street at the crosswalk! (He's very law abiding). Then he ran into a yard and hid behind a bush, so we could no longer track him.

I named the skunk Peter. He reminded me of Pepe' le Pew from the cartoons of olden days. ah... Pepe' will you ever find love?

I never realized I lived in such a wild life safari! A snake last week, a skunk this one... what's next?

Maybe Peter and Martin will become friends. I just hope the party isn't in my backyard!

No comments: